Creating Disclosures of Expected Remuneration (DERPs)
- We recommend loading listings (With client email addresses and commission numbers from your Listing Contract) into the app when you first take the listing and/or load it to MLS. This will make it even easier to complete the DERP later!
- Please use the commission numbers from the listing contract. The first number in the widget is the total commission your client is paying, the second is the cooperating commission. You do not need to do any math, just put the numbers, whether they be percentages or fixed numbers, into the listing data (please don’t do any math, it will create problems for you later!)
- The Buyer’s names and Buyer’s brokerage data will be automatically saved for you (and attached to this listing) should there be multiple rounds of negotiation
- As with all of our forms, it remains the agent’s responsibility to explain the form itself. We believe that we have provided a good synopsis of the information, but, ultimate responsibility for explaining the forms remain the responsibility of the agent
- If you don’t have an email address (and/or happen to be sitting with your client/consumer), we highly recommend the use of the “Initial Now” button for in-person collection of initials. This is particularly powerful as it will send both you and your office a copy of the completed form almost right away, and you will thus no longer have to track that form at all
- If you do have an email address, you can rest assured that regardless of whether or not your client initials, as soon as you’ve created the form, it will eventually get emailed to both you and your brokerage (so, again, you won’t have to worry about it again). It will get emailed 30 hours after creation at the latest (but, if your clients initials sooner, it will be emailed at that point).